Custom image sensors for industrial applications
Caeleste achieves high performances for these application fields:
High speed imaging
Fast phenomena can only be studied, when recorded at high frame rate. This requires special architectures with low noise read-out chains to compensate for low light levels.
- High sensitivity: ≥ 100 µV/e– and low noise operation: ≤ 2 e–rms
- Technology Global Shutter (6T pixel) operation
- Multi-row access to reduce row overhead time
- Block or segment wise read-out to achieve faster frame rates
- Colour Filter Array (CFA) and Micro lens technologies are available
Sorting & hyperspectral imaging
Colour fidelity is the keyword for sorting applications. Whether a linear or area detector is used; the colour signal shall remain unchanged over the full array.
- Low etaloning with optimised technologies
- Custom designed pixel architecture and technology
- Flexible timing (shutter modes & integration control)
- Fast frame rates for hyperspectral imaging
Vision is the ideal non-contact technique for quality inspection. Global shutter, high speed and high dynamic range are important to cope with fast throughput and low light environment.
- Low light level operation: Gain ≥ 100 µV/e–
- In-pixel anti-blooming
- Technology Global Shutter (5T and 6T pixel) to avoid jello and skewness
- Low noise operation: ≤ 2 e–rms
Stimulated light processes, like fluorescence and Raman, are becoming available as in line inspection tools. They require image sensors with precise integration control and high gain, low-noise operation.
- Short integration time to capture fluorescence peak
- Accurate timing delay to discriminate fluorescence signals
- Noise ≤ 0.3 e–rms (4T pixels and oversampling) for Raman detection
- Low etaloning over the full array
- Photon shot noise limited behaviour when using SPAD’s