Electronics Hardware Design Engineer (Mixed-Signal)
To strengthen our system & test team we are looking for an electronics design engineer who will conceptualize and craft systems, PCBs, CoBs and packages used to validate & characterize novel CMOS image sensors.
Your responsibilities cover the entire hardware production process from concept to final product. These include a broad scope including examination of technological specifications and functional requirements, schematic design, functional & signal integrity simulation, PCB design & layout, hands-on bring-up of new hardware platforms, custom ceramic, metal and chip-on-board package design, technical drawing, generation of bonding diagrams and assembly requests. Your packaged image sensors can be used anywhere from the lab to outer space. With increasing complexity of the image sensors, your designs need to bring high-speed mixed signal prototypes & products alive to accommodate complex sensors & data acquisition systems. Further on you will assist the chip assembly related processes of our prototypes and assist the debugging & characterizing new CMOS image sensor prototypes on your hardware platforms. You will work in close collaboration with chip design engineers, FPGA engineers, software engineers and project managers. You will interact with external suppliers and service providers. On the job and external training will be incorporated for you to grow and master your responsibilities.
Although the prime focus is a hardware design environment and supplier interaction, your thorough upfront analysis, documented and first-time-right approach is critical for a quality focused collaboration in a team of experts that depend on your crucial contributions in a project driven organization. You will have a significant amount of autonomy and will take up impactful responsibilities in the team. We foster experience, but also welcome junior engineers with great potential.
Job specific requirements:
- Master of science in (Micro) Electronics, Physics or equivalent by experience.
- Experienced in analog/digital circuit design & simulation software (Orcad or Altium designer)
- Understanding of PCB & packaging technology and materials
- Experienced in board bring-up and debug
- Hands-on experience with electronic test & measurement equipment
- Creativity, being enhancing and result driven are valued
- Good communication skills in English in writing and presenting
- Accountable & committed team player
Additional skills that are of interest:
- Experience with 3D CAD, mechanical drawings with Autodesk Inventor
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Understanding of chip packaging: types, design methodology, best practices, joining & sealing processes and hermeticity
- Understanding of image sensor characterization and qualification
- Experience with image sensors, their applications, camera or instrument design is a plus
- Understanding of Silicon processing and CMOS technology
- Understanding of Optics and Solid-state Physics
- Background in high-speed interfaces (LVDS, FPGA, transceivers), ADC technology & memory standards is a plus
- Background in mixed digital/analog electronics incl. power supplies and high-speed design
- Capable of working with Python scripting
- Working language is English, any other language is a plus
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
- A competitive & international context of world-leading companies
- A technological playground within a mixed-skilled, multi-cultural team of experts
- A continuous focus on learning at Caeleste University
- A flexible & pragmatic environment with attention to teamwork and work-life balance
For all your questions, please contact Ewa Burzynska at firstname.lastname@example.org