Caeleste is open to host PhD students and offers the opportunity to realize PhD thesis subjects at Caeleste.
For that purpose we work together with university faculties and their faculty members.
- The candidate has a master’s degree in electronic engineering, ICT or other engineering majors, physics & mathematics, medical imaging or other technical sciences.
- The promotor is a faculty member of a technical university; there will be a co-promotor that is a staff member of Caeleste.
- The candidate will undergo a round of interviews and must be approved by Caeleste’s HR and CTO offices. Only top candidates will be accepted. Candidates may be active Caeleste employees or external candidates.
- The student will be involved in a regular project R&D at Caeleste.
- All IP resulting from the PhD resides with Caeleste; NDAs are in place and publications are reviewed.
- The student will be part time at his university (maximum of 25% of the time). Caeleste does not require the student to follow regular courses at the university.
- The study will be funded by Caeleste. The funding conditions will be agreed upon with the university.
Topics should be in line with the medium and the long term research roadmap of Caeleste. The candidates are encouraged to propose their own research topic but they can also choose an existing item, e.g. an item listed under the Internship and Master Thesis pages on the Caeleste website.
The PhD project subject will be defined with the student and the promotor.
Depending on the interests and skills of the candidate, he or she can contribute to one or more of the broad span of R&D activities at Caeleste.
Caeleste guarantees an intensive collaboration with our experts in a multi-disciplinary project team, in line with the jointly chosen topic(s) of the PhD. If the project focus shifts over time, we will jointly redefine the topic to bring it in focus again.